Thursday, 25 May 2017

Task 3 Blogs - Blog 2 - HTML Home Page

Basically, the first steps to coding my website was seeing what would be the same code, and what code would be different. For Example, the top bar or menu bar, all code is the same in all HTML files. After creating the basic layout of the home page with different divs, boxes, headers, text, interactivity, icons and so on, the HTML pages had to be linked.





The website has a menu bar, three columns(col.1, col.2, col.3) of videos(in this case static pictures), name of video, views, and uploader. When coding the website I had a problem when resizing the page. Before coding this website, I never had an idea of how many times divs are used. Now I know...  So basically, home page was pretty simple. When it came to the sidebar, it was a bit more complicated, but managed. Consists of divs(once again), hover option, fonts,ids, classes, headers, links & icons.

A problem I discovered in class with Mr.Redd was that you must put the links inside the lists, as links can not be a child of a link. Had to change this on every single HTML page(was a bit*h).


 As you can see, code has been arranged with the links inside the lists.
Another problem encountered was a duplicate error. Not knowing this hassled me as all need to be changed into different id's. ID's were changed into different classes in order to solve this issue.



















No comments:

Post a Comment